[infinispan-dev] BeanUtils.getterMethod

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:03:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:
> 2011/8/3 Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com>:
>> I think it's supposed to be an automatic version of
>> https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/config/GlobalConfiguration.java#L326
>> I prefer the manual version in GlobalConfiguration, although I don't
>> think there are any users for those components either.
>>
>> Dan
>
> I was thinking something similar, but would like to know if it's still
> used, somebody must know about this code?
> Initially I thought it was some clever way to extract instances from a
> user-customizable configuration instance, but since it's reflecting on
> the static definition of Configuration it doesn't look like it's meant
> to support extensions of it.
>
> If it's used we could cache the references to existing methods and
> track also which methods don't exist, so we limit the number of
> exceptions to a single one per attempted method name (i.e. starting
> 500 caches would cost as starting one).

Even a custom Configuration could register its objects in the
component registry manually in an @Inject method, like
GlobalConfiguration does. But I don't see any good reason for
injecting bits of the configuration instead of injecting the whole
thing and navigating the configuration tree in the component code.

So I'd go with your initial suggestion and remove it.

Dan