[infinispan-dev] Infinispan security?

Joni Hahkala joni.hahkala at cern.ch
Mon Aug 22 10:33:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was reading and watching presentations of Infinispan and it seems that
currently it is intended for use in secure environment, like data center
behind a firewall with other datacenters connected through secure links,
if I understood correctly. But deploying it in more open environment,
e.g. public cloud, could pose security risks. Manik said in a
presentation that the underlying Jgroups uses certificates (or can be
configured to use), and I would assume SSL. So, there is at least some
security in the Infinispan joins, leaves etc. Manik also told that there
has been some talk/plans already about the security in general.

I would be interested in hearing about these plans for security and to
see if there is possibilities for cooperation. I'm currently searching
for a PhD subject, I have background in grid security, and this work
sounds like it could be useful and interesting.

Cheers,
Joni