[infinispan-dev] boolean properties in config

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Dec 10 05:04:38 EST 2011

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1474

Currently we do a mix of:

enableXXX()
disableXXX()
enabled(boolean b)
XXX(boolean b)

where XXX is something to enable or disable (e.g. purgeOnStartup). We also the scatter the word use around in a very inconsistent fashion.

I would like to rationalise this, and would propose that every boolean has:

enableXXX
disableXXX
xxxEnabled(boolean b)

The former 2 are nice for hardcoded config, the latter is nice when you are adapting one format to another (e.g. Paul).

I would deprecate the usage of XXX(boolean b) and useXXX(boolean b) and remove in 6.

Thoughts?