[infinispan-dev] FYI: IntelliJ 11 and TestNG

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Dec 15 17:40:54 EST 2011

Something fishy with IntelliJ 11 which has had me chasing my tail for a while now - when running TestNG tests from the IDE, the JVM IntelliJ launches does *not* have the -ea flag on (previous versions did!)  This means that assertions that fail *don't* cause a test to fail, giving you false positives.

To fix this, I added -ea to the default set of VM options when running TestNG tests.

Note that running tests via Maven are not affected and in fact this is how I spotted the issue.

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani