[infinispan-dev] inefficient usage of CacheLoader with REPL

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Dec 21 06:30:24 EST 2011

Interesting thread.  I think this is what we should do, given that the ResponseGenerator already bypasses serialising unnecessary return values.

Further, I think loading from a cache store is entirely unnecessary for the remote node, for both REPL and DIST, except:

* Until we have https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-317 implemented.  In which case (only) the primary owner/coordinator will still need to load from store.
* We are using write skew checks, and have eviction enabled.  Again in which case only the primary owner/coordinator will still need to load from store, to be able to perform a version comparison.

In all other cases loading from the cache store should not happen on the remote node!  :)

I'll take a look at the size/complexity/risk of such a patch, but any more thoughts from you guys will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani