[infinispan-dev] [hibernate-dev] Have Infinispan share Hibernate's TransactionManagerLookup strategy

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Feb 2 09:10:35 EST 2011

On 2 Feb 2011, at 13:58, Mircea Markus wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2011, at 13:54, Manik Surtani wrote:

>>> You would only leave this new API and remove the old setters? I guess we
>>> can do that as well, did not even cross my mind, but maybe, why not?
>>
>> Hmm, leave the old setters IMO, and deprecate them.  Lets allow existing stuff to work!  ;)
> -1 as the new stuff would look worse than the one we already have. Perhaps add a new Configuration class hierarchy in a new package? Or just move this one in an "deprecated" package so that users would have to make minor changes for backward compatibility (i.e. change the import statement).

I'm not as worried about "look" as I am about usability.  We still get the benefit of an easier to use API while not pissing too many people off.  :-)  Plus the fact that it is deprecated means it can and will be removed in Infinispan 6, etc.

Yeah the parallel hierarchy is an option too - a 'compat' sub-package.