[infinispan-dev] benchmarking ideal distribution

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 09:47:00 EST 2011

Some comments, in:

name="idealdistribution/dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml" useEvenHashing="true

Does dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml differ in any way to dist-sync.xml? The reason I ask is cos reading the wiki, it seems like useEvenHashing "makes Infinispan plugin to use the ideal consistent hashing implementation rather than the configured one". So, if dist-sync-ideal-distribution.xml and dist-sync.xml are different, in which way are they different and way? Seems like RadarGun could already make the changes the necessary to  make dist-sync use ideal CH?

Reading futther, it seems like Infinispan config must have:
<hash numOwners="2" rehashEnabled="false" rehashRpcTimeout="60000" class="org.radargun.cachewrappers.EvenSpreadingConsistentHash"/>

I think RadarGun could do these modifications without forcing users to have a separate dist-sync-*.xml file.

Also, if useEvenHashing="true", can't the code handling the config take the benchmarks numOfThreads and assign it to threadsPerNode?

Also, you're saying that WebSessionBenchmark.numOfThreads and keysPerThread must be the same but in the wiki they're not. Also, as per my last comment, if there's a relationship between keysPerThread and the benchmark config, couldn't the RadarGun figure that out?

Thanks for writing this up!

Cheers,

On Feb 2, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just added: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/radargun/wiki/MeasuringDistribution
>
> Cheers,
> Mircea