[infinispan-dev] [hibernate-dev] Have Infinispan share Hibernate's TransactionManagerLookup strategy

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Feb 2 10:16:36 EST 2011

On 2 Feb 2011, at 14:38, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 11-02-02 11:10 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> I'm not as worried about "look" as I am about usability.  We still get the benefit of an easier to use API while not pissing too many people off.  :-)  Plus the fact that it is deprecated means it can and will be removed in Infinispan 6, etc.
>>
>> Yeah the parallel hierarchy is an option too - a 'compat' sub-package.
> Ok let me investigate how this compat sub-package could work. I'll
> report back.

Essentially, org.infinispan.config.{Configuration, GlobalConfiguration, etc} would both be the new, simpler, fluent cfg beans.

Essentially, org.infinispan.config.compat.{Configuration, GlobalConfiguration, etc} would be delegates to the new style beans, but will be 100% API compatible with what we have now.  And would be marked as @Deprecated.  :-)

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani