[infinispan-dev] [hibernate-dev] Have Infinispan share Hibernate's TransactionManagerLookup strategy

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 15:45:26 EST 2011

On 11-02-02 12:16 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> Essentially, org.infinispan.config.{Configuration, GlobalConfiguration, etc} would both be the new, simpler, fluent cfg beans.
>
> Essentially, org.infinispan.config.compat.{Configuration, GlobalConfiguration, etc} would be delegates to the new style beans, but will be 100% API compatible with what we have now.  And would be marked as @Deprecated.  :-)

So fluent API and these fluent API enabling beans are excellent solution
for setters but what about getters on GlobalConfiguration and
Configuration? We leave them as is, no?

If so, then I am not so sure about these parallel hierarchies. Its major
PITA with minimal benefits. Users will still have to recompile their
codebase.  Given that, what if we release fluent API along with current
APIs as-is in next alpha with a warning that they old setter API's will
be removed in BETA1? That's fair!

Vladimir