[infinispan-dev] Configuration fluent API

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 09:49:32 EST 2011

Guys,

I need to make some decisions, complete this feature and take
configuration fluent API stuff off my plate. Pete made a good point [1]
about method names in fluent API, however, there is a cost involved in
terms of method duplication in all our configuration beans.

As is, I changed return types for configuration bean setters from void
to a specific type. This will cause binary incompatibility for people
using configuration beans directly in their 5.0 deployments. I think
most people use Configuration and GlobalConfiguration so most will be
immune but some will need to recompile their codebase with Alpha3.

If we go for duplication then we are avoid this problem. What do we want
to do?

Let me know,
Vladimir

[1] https://community.jboss.org/thread/162543?tstart=0