[infinispan-dev] ISPN-872 - MIME type for pure binary forms?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 03:44:47 EST 2011

Hi all,

Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-872

As stated in my last comment, it appears to me that Infinispan's REST server is not distinguishing between a byte array that comes from a Java client that serialized an object, and a pure byte[] that is not necessarily a serialized form of a Java object.

The test added by Michal might not make sense to a lot of you (http://goo.gl/8qfnw - testByteArrayStorage), but the underlying issue is still present.

Looking back at past tests, IntegrationTest.testSerializedObjects is not correct. The byte array passed is not "application/x-java-serialized-object". In fact, the server tries to deserialize it and fails, which leads to the byte[] being stored as is, but still under the "application/x-java-serialized-object" banner.

My question is, what should be the type to use for pure byte arrays? Should it be "application/octet-stream" ? Any other suggestions?

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache