[infinispan-dev] running test suite with JBossTM vs DummyTM

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Wed Jan 26 08:08:13 EST 2011

>>> It should be quicker.  There is no maintenance of a persistent tx log.
>> Not necessarily: the log would only be written for tx that span more than an participant (have more than 1 XAReource enlisted). AFAIK there are very few tests like that in ISPN (I can only remember one). If only one participant in tx the TM would doesn't have to persist the log to disk.
>
> There are a few tests testing transactions that span different cache instances.  Each one would be considered as its own RM.
indeed, but very few. I'll measure and see the difference, that should tell us beyond doubt :)
> Not true.
>
> https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/transaction/tm/DummyTransaction.java#L305
Interesting! To my excuse that was added recently while I was on vacation :-)

I've just looked at the code and it is broken:
- the readonly flag is set on prepare with the value returned by last enlisted XAResouce (bad!!)
- so on commit, if last enlisted XAResource returned r/o status, no commit is called on *any*  other enlisted resource (bad! bad! bad!)