[infinispan-dev] For Eclipse users: setup the annotation processors

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Jul 14 07:34:22 EDT 2011

Yesterday during one of the changes I made about dependencies I
removed the committed eclipse project file which setup the annotation
processors for Eclipse,
mainly because it was not valid anymore with the current dependencies.

Fred Bricon from the JBoss Tools team is working on
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-8208, I've tested his work
yesterday on both Infinispan and Hibernate projects: it's awesome, and
the project will not need anything more than a standard maven project
import to be setup properly.

The integration is very nice, for example if you now make a mistake in
the logger annotations (like a duplicate logging ID) Eclipse will
immediately highlight it as compile error - again without needing to
configure anything in the IDE; as soon as [LOGTOOL-20] will be
included in the next version of the annotation processor we'll even
get errors of mismatching parameters with the message placeholders as
"%s".

There's one side note: this update of the plugin was not released yet,
so please be patient and for the time being configure the annotation
processors manually and avoid committing that in the project as it
will conflict with the plugin work.
The main difficulty in configuring the APs is gone (duplicate
conflicting classes on classpath), so you only have to tick the
annotation processors checkbox to "enabled", if it's not already.

Cheers,
Sanne