[infinispan-dev] State transfer is transferring the same data twice

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:00:37 EDT 2011

Hi guys

While fixing https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1243 I found that in
certain cases state transfer will copy the in-memory data twice: first
when copying the in-memory data and then again while copying the
persistent data.

I was getting duplicate key exceptions in
StateTransferManagerImpl.applyPersistentState(), so I changed
StateTransferManagerImpl.applyInMemoryState() to skip writing to the
cache store if persistent state transfer is enabled and passivation is
disabled. That seems to work, but I'm wondering if there are other
cases that I missed.

For 5.1, since we're going to use the rehashing code, we can check if
a key is in memory and not include it again in the persistent state,
but that seems too intrusive to include in 5.0. WDYT?

Cheers
Dan