[infinispan-dev] Transport related configuration timeouts

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 06:06:20 EDT 2011

On May 31, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> While working on ISPN-83 I realized that we have to form equality
> relationships between all our transport related timeouts and verify that
> the make sense as configuration instance is being processed.
>
> Alphabetically we have the following timeouts in our configuration elements:
>
> <async>: flushLockTimeout, shutdownTimeout
> <deadlockDetection>: spinDuration
> <hash>: rehashRpcTimeout
> <locking>:lockAcquisitionTimeout
> <singletonStore>:pushStateTimeout
> <stateRetrieval>:logFlushTimeout, timeout, initialRetryWaitTime
> <sync>:replTimeout
> <transaction>:cacheStopTimeout
> <transport>: distributedSyncTimout
>

> My suggestions so far:
>

> flushLockTimeout < shutdownTimeout
> spinDuration < lockAcquisitionTimeout < replTimeout < rehashRpcTimeout
> replTimeout < distributedSyncTimout < <stateRetrieval>:timeout

Hmmm, I don't think the replication timeout has an effect during state transfer. Repl timeout is for individual rpc calls.

Rehashing on the other hand is RPC based but the timeout is controlled by rehashRpcTimeout. Not sure what replTimeout has to do here.

Apart from that, another suggestion:

flushLockTimeout < shutDownTimeout (async) < *cacheStopTimeout*

> Am I overseeing something? Lets hear your thoughts in the area of your
> expertize!
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir

Sr. Software Engineer