[infinispan-dev] Transport related configuration timeouts

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 05:00:33 EDT 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> On 11-06-06 6:06 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>> Hmmm, I don't think the replication timeout has an effect during state transfer. Repl timeout is for individual rpc calls.
>>

> It is, *however* repl timeout can cause state transfer to timeout due to locking of that processing lock in DistSync and that is why I think state transfer timeout has to be at least as long as repl timeout.

Well, the processing lock in DistSync is governed by the distributedSyncTimeout, not the repl timeout. So, the relationships is really between dist sync timeout and state transfer timeout.

Btw, what is the relationship between dist sync timeout and repl timeout to be precise?

DistSync is used primarily during state transfer to stop incoming and outgoing requests while state transfer is going on.

>> Rehashing on the other hand is RPC based but the timeout is controlled by rehashRpcTimeout. Not sure what replTimeout has to do here.
>>

> You are right. One can explicitly set rehashRpcTimeout to less than replTimeout and that is ok.
>
>> Apart from that, another suggestion:
>>
>> flushLockTimeout < shutDownTimeout (async) <
>> *cacheStopTimeout*
>
> Yep that one makes sense. Let's put this verification code in and things will clear up further as we go along.
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1153

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache