[infinispan-dev] Issue posted for JBoss Logging and slf4j

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 18:45:09 EDT 2011

Due to the lack of a logging backend JAR, I am assuming that you are
using java.util.logging for your logging backend.  There is nothing in
JBoss Logging which handles appenders or handlers or logs messages in a
loop of any kind; thus I think the most likely situation is that there
are multiple log backends being configured at a JUL level.  Apart from
the obvious "check the logging config file" [1] [2], it's quite possible
that one or more JARs on the classpath are "helping" you by configuring
additional log handlers on JUL's root logger programmatically.  I can
tell you that neither JBoss Logging nor JBoss Marshalling does this, but
beyond that I cannot say.

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/util/logging/overview.html
[2] http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/java/logging.jspx