[infinispan-dev] DataContainer performance review

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 20:18:38 EDT 2011

Hey, good news!

I have found that a main culprit of a poor DataContainer performance for
large caches (100K entries +) is in fact use of default concurrency of
32. If users are going to use caches with many entries then they should
also increase concurrency level. I found that concurrency of 512 works
fairly well for caches up to million entries. Also note that if users
are using such large caches (1M+ entries) I do not see the point of
having eviction, they should just use unbounded DataContainer.

I am also looking to chart these for easy review, forum post, and
DataContainer performance tuning wiki. Tomorrow I'll determine impact of
passivation on DataContainer performance.

Cheers,
Vladimir