[infinispan-dev] Spring Infinispan finished for now

Olaf Bergner olaf.bergner at gmx.de
Tue Mar 29 05:30:01 EDT 2011

Hi Galder,

Am 29.03.11 11:05, schrieb Galder Zamarreño:
> On Mar 28, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Olaf Bergner wrote:
> Hello,
>>

>> I've decided that Spring Infinispan is where it ought to be right now,
>> feature-wise and documentation-wise. There's obviously a lot that could
>> be done to improve it. Yet I don't deem it prudent to go any further as
>> long as the fine folks over in Spring land are pondering whether and in
>> what way to accept our offer. If you wish, you may have a look at what
>> I've done so far at
>>
>> https://github.com/obergner/spring-infinispan
> Hmmm, very weird, I'm getting "This tree seems to be invalid" errors when navigating through the code?
Well, I'm not an expert on Git. All I can say that I just made a fresh

git clone https://github.com/obergner/spring-infinispan.git
cd spring-infinispan
mvn clean package

and that everything went smoothly. What are the exact steps needed to
reproduce your problems?
>> depending on which of the two you consider to be more pressing at the
>> moment. Of course, I'm willing to take on other tasks in case there's
>> something that needs to be done more urgently. What do you think?
> Actually, it would be a good time to do https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-78 cos it requires new API and if we're gonna add new API, better do it in the 5.0 timeframe.
Meanwhile, I already started to work on ISPN-78. It's still very early
days, trying to get my head around Manik's design document's
implications and taking tentative steps towards implementing
OutputStream writeKey(K key) as a starting point. It'll probably take
some time to come up to speed.
> As indicated in a separate email, we've decided against https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-984 for the time being since we don't want to polute the Hot Rod protocol
Hey! You just nuked a splendid opportunity to learn me some Scala!

Cheers,
Olaf