[infinispan-dev] Eventing over Hot Rod vs JMS Was: Hot Rod protocol improvements JIRA

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri May 13 10:17:15 EDT 2011

Thanks for this.

One of the things Sanne and I discussed is eventing and whether we really need events over Hot Rod, and how urgent this is.  For the JBW keynote demo we effectively mimicked the same by using JMS.  I.e., listeners on the remote notes putting "interesting" events on a topic which remote nodes could subscribe to.

Maybe this could be detailed as a "pattern" on the wiki, so when folks ask for eventing over Hot Rod, we could point them here, as this may solve 90% of peoples issues.

Cheers
Manik