[infinispan-dev] Old JBoss repo in pom.xml

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu May 19 07:02:47 EDT 2011

On 19 May 2011, at 11:47, Tristan Tarrant wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:40, Sanne Grinovero
> <sanne.grinovero at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also assume that at some point we might want to have our artifacts
>> synched with central, I doubt they will accept poms pointing to other
>> repositories, that was not the case before but it might have changed.
>
> For reference, here are the Sonatype OSS repository guidelines:
>
> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide#SonatypeOSSMavenRepositoryUsageGuide-6.CentralSyncRequirement
>
> The important excerpt
>
> "Besides, we discourage putting release repository/pluginRepository in
> your POM. In ideal conditions, all your dependencies should be already
> in central and central repository is self-contained. Otherwise
> people's build might break because of missing dependencies."

BTW this is the absolutely key point - that *all dependencies* must be transitively available from the POM. So whether an external repo is in the POM or in settings.xml really makes no difference when we are talking about getting an artifact into central. The question is simply about utility right now.