[infinispan-dev] Failure looking up the river marshaller under AS 7 environment

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 31 10:38:44 EDT 2011

In fact, a quick grep on AS7 shows:

./host-controller/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/host/controller/ManagedServer.java:            MARSHALLER_FACTORY = Marshalling.getMarshallerFactory("river", Module.getModuleFromCallerModuleLoader(ModuleIdentifier.fromString("org.jboss.marshalling.river")).getClassLoader());
./protocol/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/protocol/ProtocolUtils.java:        MARSHALLER_FACTORY = Marshalling.getMarshallerFactory("river", ProtocolUtils.class.getClassLoader());
./server/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/server/DomainServerMain.java:        final MarshallerFactory factory = Marshalling.getMarshallerFactory("river", DomainServerMain.class.getClassLoader());

We might need different mechanisms depending on the env.

On May 31, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> They're in diff jars and most likely in different JBoss Modules.
>
> Trustin, AS7 uses JBoss Marshalling, so maybe have a look in their code to see how they instantiate the marshaller factory - that might give you the clues here :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> On May 31, 2011, at 10:20 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:
>
>> We don't use the TCCL to load the MarshallerFactory:
>>
>>     factory = Marshalling.getMarshallerFactory("river",
>> Marshalling.class.getClassLoader());
>>
>> Maybe the Marshalling class and the RiverMarshallerFactory classes are
>> in different modules?
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:14 AM, "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <trustin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to run Infinispan under AS 7 (i.e. JBoss Modules).  I
>>> succeeded to run an EmbeddedCacheManager, HotRodServer, and
>>> MemcachedServer.  However, it fails when a new node joins the cluser:
>>>
>>>    http://pastebin.com/pGfxSWJP
>>>
>>> The root cause of the failure is that GenericJBossMarshaller fails to
>>> find the RiverMarshallerFactory.  So, I set the TCCL, but it didn't help
>>> at all.  Even setting the TCCL to
>>> RiverMarshallerFactory.class.getClassLoader() doesn't seem to help.  Any
>>> clues?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> --
>>> Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/