[infinispan-dev] AS7's Infinispan subsystem custom classes

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 10:41:00 EDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 04:07 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
> extensions to Infinispan are already using a service interface, have
> you noticed the "infinispan-module.properties" for example in the
> Query module and Lucene modules?
Obviously these don't work when it's the subsystem doing the
initialization: that instance of Infinispan wouldn't find the user classes.
> my conclusion - for Search at least - is that I'm not going to reuse the
> AS7 provided Infinispan CacheManager but it will start a new one.
Correct: for these applications, I believe you shouldn't be using caches
built by the Infinispan subsystem. It is not practical, unless Hibernate
Search also becomes a subsystem. But for the other use cases
(clustering, server-side caches) it is fine.
> I still consider it much more interesting to reuse the JGroups channel.
That is something I would very much like to see.

Tristan