[infinispan-dev] getting ISPN config as XML via JMX

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 07:40:17 EDT 2011

Hi,
one of our efforts around EDG testing is to test whether all XML
elements/attributes being set in standalone.xml take effect, i.e.
whether org.infinispan.config.Configuration, which in turn is used to
create caches, is populated properly based on the xml config file.
(this test goal is mentioned in our testplan - second row -
https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/docs/DOC-79912)

I think one possible way to test this would be to start EDG with certain
config. defined in standalone.xml and look at how it was really
configured via JMX. There's a JIRA I reported last week which shows that
this is not working currently
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1443). Would there be a chance to
make it work? Or has this ever been working?

If anyone has any thoughts how to test this in a different way, they can
tell me. The problem is that we're testing client-server mode where we
cannot access AdvancedCache and so on, so getting the real configuration
is hard (if possible at all).

Thanks for your thoughts

--
Martin Gencur