[infinispan-dev] Deprecated AdvancedCache.with() method?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Oct 21 06:53:00 EDT 2011

Sorry for missing this thread; until yesterday that I needed to fix
something in this area my understanding of the importance of the
with() method was limited so I might have skipped this consciously.

When deployed as an AS7 Module the with() method is very important to
be able to load Caches from the application scope; this is used by
Query for example to load custom KeyTransformers, a component needed
to create application-scoped types as return objects from the queries.
Besides Query users, there are other cool projects which depend on
this functionality such as Alesj's new project.

I'm aware of the failing test, and after my fixes for ISPN-1477 &
ISPN-1478 that specific test still fails but the with() works well
enough for my use cases. In fact I didn't understand what that test is
supposed to do so unless you want to look into it I think it could be
removed; still the AdvancedCache.with() should not be removed before a
valid alternative is introduced, and we should make sure it works
correctly.

Sanne