[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 5.1.0.BETA3 is out with significant improvements for Atomic Map and Hot Rod client/server users

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 12:57:56 EDT 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Alan Santos wrote:

> " From a client code perspective, no changes are necessary because starting with 5.1.0.BETA3, Hot Rod clients talk to servers using this latest protocol."
>
> Must clients and servers use the same version - is 1.1 backward compatible? I understand there's no dev changes, just curious about impact on deployments.

Old clients will talk protocol 1.0 which 5.1.0.BETA3+ server can understand.

The only combo that won't work is new clients (5.1.0.BETA3+) talking to old (5.1.0.BETA2-) servers, because new clients will talk 1.1 by default, which old servers won't understand. However, even these new clients can be forced to talk 1.0 version if necessary, but this is not recommended :)

> also: nice!
>

> -alan
>

> On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Nicely done!
>>
>> On 27 Oct 2011, at 15:36, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>>
>>> Read all about it in: http://goo.gl/N5cf4
>>>
>>> Btw, thanks to everyone involved in this BETA3 release. We did the release in barely 1.5 weeks and we managed to cram in 26 issues!
>>>
>>> The testsuite is looking pretty stable already with only ~15 errors in the entire testsuite!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> Galder Zamarreño
>>> Sr. Software Engineer