[infinispan-dev] configuring transactional caches

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Sep 12 11:06:16 EDT 2011

That sounds nice.

Where Is the transactionalManagerLookup going to be defined? There was
a Hibernate Search user who needed batching and no transactions on a
cache, and the JBossTM on other caches, so he ended up explicitly
wiring the Lucene cache to the DummyTM using the
transactionalManagerLookup.

Since I don't see why someone would like to use different TMs for
different caches, other than in that case, maybe we could
1) make the transactionalManagerLookup a global section option to be
applied to all caches.
2) The combination NON_TRANSACTIONAL + Batching should NOT use the
same global TM but always look for the Dummy implementation.

Sanne