[infinispan-dev] ISPN-ARQUILLIAN - embedded mode

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 09:45:32 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm currently implementing support for testing of embedded caches in
https://github.com/mgencur/infinispan-arquillian-container project and
would like to discuss future steps.

As mentioned in http://community.jboss.org/message/551784, the tests
should look like this:

@RunWith(Arquillian.class)
class TestClass {

   @InfinispanResource
   DatagridManager datagridManager;

   @Before
   void setup() {
        CacheContainer cm1 = ...
        CacheContainer cm2 = ...
        datagridManager.registerCacheManager(cm1, cm2);
   }

   @Test
   void testMethod() {
        datagridManager.cache(index).put(xx)
        datagridManager.manager(index).getStatus()
        datagridManager.tm(cache)...
   }
}//TestClass

where the DatagridManager would be basically class with functionality of
MultipleCacheManagersTest class (org.infinispan.core.test package).

I would basically copy the following classes to the new project and do
some changes (removing all testng annotations etc.):

- AbstractCacheTest.java
- AbstractInfinispanTest.java
- MultipleCacheManagersTest.java (renamed to DatagridManager)

The project would depend on
infinispan-core-5.1.0.ALPHA2-tests.jar so all the other helper classes
(being used from those mentioned above) would be downloaded with this
jar.

This is because all these test classes are changing quite often so I'm
trying to copy the smallest possible number of classes and leave the
rest in infinispan-core. Later, when I want to update them, it will be
just a matter of changing of 2-3 classes.

What do you think about this approach?

Thanks for each reply

--
Martin Gencur