[infinispan-dev] Redesigning CacheStore and CacheLoader SPIs

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 09:31:41 EDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 03:17 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2012, at 14:02, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>
>> I dislike the current way of configuring stores via<property>. As part of my work for ISPN-1821 I will also introduce the ability for stores to provide their own configuration parsers so that we can have more readable schemas.
> That would be quite nice, as the property-based approach is very error prone. Curious how you're going to support 'dynamic' xml snippets,through some xml name spaces perhaps?
Yes, just like the Spring configuration or even the AS7 configuration
itself. In XSD speak they would be complex-types extending a generic
"store" type.
>> Participating in JTA is obviously high on the desired list, and I'd also expose some form of batching so that intelligent cache-store can colaesce operations together for better performance.
> that's a big one indeed. JTA support won't be available for all stores, e.g. cloud cache store.
I think very few stores would have the ability to participate in JTA,
but if a cache store can, we should definitely support it.
> Mind detailing a bit on the batching/colaesce functionality you have in mind?
Actually I wasn't thinking about anything more complex than what we have
already with the applyModifications() call (which in fact could be
reused), but my understanding is that this is only called in
transactional cache operations ? For example the AsyncStore applies
lists modifications internally, without delegating to the cachestore's
implementation.

Tristan