[infinispan-dev] maven-surefire-plugin version

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 08:00:18 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm going to close ISPN-2146 [1], which is maven-surefire-plugin related
(SUREFIRE-879). The issue was temporarily solved on master by switching
to maven-surefire-plugin 2.13-SNAPSHOT but it seems there won't be any
stable 2.13 release soon so I'm going to switch to 2.12.2, which now
also contains the SUREFIRE-879 fix.

I noticed some sub-modules use an older surefire version than the parent
pom and I would like to upgrade those too unless there's a voodoo reason
to use the old version. As an example, parent/pom.xml uses
maven-surefire-plugin version 2.4.3-JBOSS in traceTests profile and
there's a comment that seems to indicate this version is needed "to
avoid external log4j settings not being discovered when passed as
command line arguments". I could not reproduce such an issue with 2.12.2.

Does anyone remember what issue is maven-surefire 2.4.3-JBOSS solving?

Thanks,
Adrian

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2146