[infinispan-dev] Separate ExecutorService for map/reduce tasks?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 09:09:44 EST 2012

On Dec 5, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2012, at 15:53, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>
>> GlobalConfigurationBuilder global = new GlobalConfigurationBuilder();
>> global
>>     .addExecutor().name("blah");
>>     .addScheduledExecutor().name("sched");
>>
>> Configuration config = new Configuration();
>> config
>>     .clustering().async().replQueueExecutor("blah")
>>     .eviction().executor("sched");
>
> +1

+1 from me too.

Another thing that's important to understand is that there's a load of executors in cache specific components, that are not expected to be shared with other caches.

We need to accomodate this somehow and this will mean that you might need cache exclusive executors.

Related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1396

Also remember: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1441