[infinispan-dev] again: "no physical address"

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Sat Feb 4 11:53:19 EST 2012

Apologies for being so late on this thread.

On 1 Feb 2012, at 18:12, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> On 1 February 2012 16:40, Bela Ban <bban at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Your benchmark is giving me the creeps !
>
> Manik was the original author, I've only been adapting it slightly to
> identify performance issues. I wouldn't have used Maven either, but
> it's serving me well especially since it turns out I have to
> frequently change JGroups version ;-)

Yup, this is why I used Maven here.  To be able to easily swap Infinispan and JGroups versions just by commenting/uncommenting a few lines of XML rather than juggling jar files.

>> I don't think I'll ever switch to this f*cking piece of shit !
>
> I don't think Maven is to be blamed today! What's wrong?
>
> Anyway one of the nice things of this little benchmark is exactly that
> it it's a single class with a main file, so you can just import it in
> you IDE and run. Any IDE will pick the correct dependencies, thanks to
> Maven. Just that if you do, it will use the default test properties as
> hardcoded in the test class org.infinispan.benchmark.Transactional:
> please set the same environment variable as bench.sh does, unless you
> don't want to run my same configuration.

Yup, again the test is designed to be run via Maven or in your IDE - as Sanne pointed out, the IDE picks up dependencies from the Maven pom.  Further, I also run it using JProfiler's IntelliJ plugin when I want to profile it.

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani