[infinispan-dev] JBoss Libra

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 13:16:28 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

this would work indeed at the cost of some effort from user's side to extend and manintain the externilizers. Might cause some issues though: if the users don't get the externalizer.size() right the memory estimate can go very wrong. Geting the in-memory size for an object is not an simple thing to do, as per the memory-usage presentation sent by Manik last week. On top of that an object added to the cache might be refered by another object added to the cache, so the user must be aware of that. IMO this approach is tricky from a support perspective.