[infinispan-dev] looking again at AS7-3290 and Hibernate 4.0.1...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 10:21:07 EST 2012

On 02/07/2012 10:07 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>> >  I'm not that worried about OGM (unless someone wants double buffering
>> >  ;), its more about users wanting to package in different versions in
>> >  Hibernate (newer/older).
> Even if someone wanted double buffering, OGM was already upgraded to
> use Hibernate 4, so this doesn't apply.

I think it depends on whether OGM will always work with the Hibernate
4.x version that is used in AS 7.x.  If OGM moves forward (Hibernate
version wise) and starts requiring a different version than the one that
is static wired into the Infinispan module, the user might want multiple
Hibernate 4.x versions to be wired into the Infinispan module.  I'm not
sure but if Infinispan has multiple versions of Hibernate in its
classpath, that probably would interfere with the custom commands (I
would think).