[infinispan-dev] Removing Infinispan dependency on the Hibernate-Infinispan module in 4.x

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:01:50 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org> wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2012, at 09:53, Dan Berindei wrote:
>
> The JGroups channel you get from JGroupsTransport.getChannel() can be
> used only by Infinispan.
>

> Why?  If we changed our CommandAwareRpcDispatcher to ignore messages that
> contain a certain header (say, INFINISPAN_IGNORE), then that channel can be
> reused as long as the header is used on all messages.

But how would you install the handler on the receiving end? You'd
still need a mechanism to register the Hibernate handler with our
CommandAwareRpcDispatcher...

I think it's simpler the other way around: create the channel outside
Infinispan, register your own receiver, and only pass to Infinispan
the messages that don't contain a certain header - kind of what the
muxing channel in AS7 does.

Dan