[infinispan-dev] Keeping track of locked nodes

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:33:28 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

>> We've committed to implementing NBST for 5.2, so not releasing the ST
>> lock is not an option.
> Won't NBST solve this through lock migration?
> As 5.1.1 ships with blocking state transfer and this fix is for 5.1.1 only I think the solution mentioned above is also worth considering.

I don't think it's an option for 5.1.1 either: with pessimistic
locking, the user controls when the locks are acquired, so the chance
of a user transaction block state transfer for a long time is much
higher than they are now.

For 5.2 I'm going to implement NBST with the current locking scheme
first and then add lock migration on top as I think adding both at
once will complicate things too much.

Cheers
Dan