[infinispan-dev] X-datacentre replication: design suggestions

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 06:07:08 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

If you configure an *sync* bridge then you'd get the confirmation during the commit. What you don't get by participating in the preapre is consistency guarnatees for two tx writing to same data in different datacenters - but not sure we want to support that?

> So I would expect that - for transactional operations only - the
> other
> locations participate in the prepare phase.
> If we go for async replication, won't we need as well some way to
> guarantee that the other replicas apply changes in the correct order?
Can you please detail on this scenario?

that's what #2 does. Possible, but it has its cons, mainly the number of x-site connections. See bela's comment in a previous email and Erik's comment here: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/CrossDatacenterReplication-Design