[infinispan-dev] TransactionTable concurrent maps and concurrency levels

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jan 12 12:45:17 EST 2012

The two concurrent maps (for local and remote transactions) use default concurrency levels.  Should these be tuneable in <transaction …>, and either way, what should they default to?  I really don't think the JDK default (16!) is nearly good enough.  I have a benchmark that runs 250 threads and this causes a lot of blocking on these maps.

How about <locking concurrencyLevel … > as the default for these maps?  Is that good enough in terms of a config parameter, or do we want finer-grained control?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani