[infinispan-dev] DIST.retrieveFromRemoteSource

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Jan 24 18:22:03 EST 2012

Hello,
in the method:
org.infinispan.distribution.DistributionManagerImpl.retrieveFromRemoteSource(Object,
InvocationContext, boolean)

we have:

      List<Address> targets = locate(key);
      // if any of the recipients has left the cluster since the
command was issued, just don't wait for its response
      targets.retainAll(rpcManager.getTransport().getMembers());

But then then we use ResponseMode.WAIT_FOR_VALID_RESPONSE, which means
we're not going to wait for all responses anyway, and I think we might
assume to get a reply by a node which actually is in the cluster.

So the retainAll method is unneeded and can be removed? I'm wondering,
because it's not safe anyway, actually it seems very unlikely to me
that just between a locate(key) and the retainAll the view is being
changed, so not something we should be relying on anyway.
I'd rather assume that such a get method might be checked and
eventually dropped by the receiver.

Cheers,
Sanne