[infinispan-dev] Non-blocking state transfer (ISPN-1424)

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 08:55:01 EDT 2012

> > 3. Recovery cache, just wondering, shouldn't we configure such cache with a cache store by default? Would that help?
> >

> I think a cache store would slow things too much, but it would solve this.

A cache store on the recovery cache should't actually slow down things at all on the critical path. Recovery info (a fancy name for PrepareCommand) is moved in the recovery cache only when the tx originator is crashed. And this happens on an async thread (view change). Then this cache is not queried from the critical path, but only by async recovery requests.