[infinispan-dev] Cluster wide node name uniqueness

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri May 4 08:27:29 EDT 2012

On 5/4/12 1:56 PM, Thomas Fromm wrote:
> On 04.05.2012 13:09, Bela Ban wrote:
>> Why wouldn't you merge sub-clusters back into one cluster ? Are you
>> going to leave the cluster split forever ?
>>

> When multiple nodes leaving at the same time, the nodes inside the
> smaller part are shut down.

How do you know you're in the smaller part ? How do you know there *are*
partitions anyway ? For example, if we have view V1={A,B,C,D}, and A and
B get a view V2={A,B} and C and D get V2={C,D}, what are you going to do ?

A and B could think that C and D just crashed, and vice versa.

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)