[infinispan-dev] ISPN-2463: Hopefully one final question

Navin Surtani nsurtani at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 21:47:56 EST 2012

Hey all,

Nearly finished up with cleaning up the compile errors - should be able to run the test-suite by this afternoon in order to make sure that there aren't any failures. I was wondering, though, whether the tests in the package org.infinispan.config.* should still be making use of the deprecated configuration API? I understand that the point of this migration is to eliminate the use of org.infinispan.config.Configuration within the test-suite, but should just these specific tests still be testing the old method?

My personal opinion is that we should still have tests making use of the old API as long as it does exist in the code-base. Speaking with Tristan on IRC last week, he mentioned that the org.infinispan.config.* package is likely to be totally removed in due course. I think that until that does actually happen, we ought to have tests for that code - deprecated or not.

Thoughts?

Navin Surtani

Software Engineer
JBoss SET