[infinispan-dev] State transfer performance

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Oct 12 12:11:40 EDT 2012

On 12 October 2012 17:07, Mircea Markus <mircea.markus at jboss.com> wrote:

> On 12 Oct 2012, at 16:23, Bela Ban wrote:
>
> Rather than (or in addition to) using log parsing, how about using
> Byteman to inject aspects measuring things such as join time, state
> transfer time, view installation time, state transfer time / state size
> and so on ?
>

> I think Adrian's idea with an typed notification is nicer and of a more
> general purpose.

+1, in the longer term.
With Byteman anyone can start measuring it now without needing to wait
for new features to be developed, plus who drives this (Radim?) can
very easily change the interception points to measure different
aspects. We can then see what are the most interesting metrics after
some experience and define them as typed events.

Sanne