[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 5.1.x Object marshalling with and without a class table in use and unmarshalling smacking its head against the wall...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 17:21:57 EDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 12:47 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 06:12 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>> I've just realised this is the same issue Dennis reported in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2330
>>
>> @Ben, this should also solve your TorqueBox problem.
>>
>> I'll fix it today.
>
> Didn't seem to help.  I attached server.log's to ISPN-2330, not that I
> expect them to be that useful directly (I don't have Infinispan trace
> logging enabled, just added my own INFO level output and various
> printlns also in infinispan/jboss-marshalling).
>
> I'll send an update later when I have more information to share.

For my issue, stop/start methods don't appear to be involved.
http://pastebin.com/QiGV7F3b shows us creating a new
ExtendedRiverMarshaller/ContextClassResolver pair which is soon used for
marshalling.

I do see some calls to JBossMarshaller.stop() during my testing but that
is very early in the test run (well before any of this occurs and well
after the failures occur).

I'll stop commenting on ISPN-2330, since my issue appears to be different.