[infinispan-dev] Cluster scaling

Thomas Fromm tf at tfromm.com
Tue Oct 23 09:53:40 EDT 2012

On 23.10.2012 15:36, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Hi Thomas, what do you mean by "lost" entries? I'm pretty sure that if
> an entry can't be find in any node Infinispan will attempt to look it
> up from a CacheLoader.

Yes, if you know about the key. But size(), keyset() and so on are not
aware that this particular key is not loaded.
So you'll never know if you have all entries in cache... so you need to
dig into the cache loader by yourself :-/
This is a bit unsatisfying, rhauch wrote also ISPN ticket for this
problem :-)

This problem appears, when you start seeing ISPN not only as cache in
classic way, but as storage.