[infinispan-dev] query repl timeout

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:30:28 EDT 2013

>> Hmmm, we now disabled CapeDwarf logging, and it runs a lot better.
> what does a lot better mean? Does it run as expected?

Querying data on any node returns in ~30ms.
And it returns correct data. ;-)

>> We are logging every stuff that goes on,
>> and then it's up to user to filter it later -- this is how GAE does it.
>>
>> The weird thing is that there shouldn't be any fine log traffic, INFO+ level only.
>> Marko is looking into this.
>>
>> But sometimes users will want to have FINE log level,
>> meaning a lot more traffic will go into cache.
>> And then it still shouldn't kill the app -- as it does now.
> Would be good to see the amount of time spent in logging.

I doubt it's a lot.

Imo, it's the amount of stuff that gets put into cache that's the problem.
And we need to index it all as well -- for GAE log queries.

But it's still not enormous amount of data.
e.g. I'm yet to try GridFS (Ispn's GFS), in a real cluster, for our GAE Blobstore support ...

-Ales