[infinispan-dev] Tactical Nuclear Penguin - GMU update SERIALIZABLE support?

ben.cotton at alumni.rutgers.edu ben.cotton at alumni.rutgers.edu
Sat Apr 20 13:02:55 EDT 2013

Hi Pedro,

In a different thread that you answered, I was left with the impression
that the 5.3alpha nuclear penguin build - and its Total Order join point
- did not yet support an isolation=SERIALIZABLE implementation.
Consequently, it should be true (and as you confirmed) that I cannot
(yet!) execute a PHANTOM_READ intolerant transaction via nuclear
penguin.  However, I am now starting a deep dive on Total Order (still
very cursory at this stage) and I am running into literature that
references  "GMU update SERIALIZABLE support".   I promise to do more
research myself, but would you mind commenting briefly wrt  if  "GMU
update SERIALIZABLE support" is available right now in the nuclear
penguin and - if so - is there some available API (TotalOrder, JSR107,
Infinispan, etc.) through which I can specify isolation=SERIALIZABLE
(and thus execute a PHANTOM_READ intolerant transaction)?  Also, if
Total Order's "GMU update SERIALIZABLE" does not give me a bridge to an
Infinispan capability to protect me from PHANTOM_READ then what exactly
does it do?  (Again, I promise to research vi Total Order's literature
... but want to get your quick inputs before I deep dive).

Thx,
Ben