[infinispan-dev] to stop swallowing exceptions in testsuite?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Aug 14 18:39:38 EDT 2013

It took me quite some time to figure out about a resource leak in the
Query testsuite.

The Search Engine properly warns about unclosed resources, but the
automated test "cleanup" phase of the Infinispan testing framework
swallows and ignores any exception happening during a
CacheManager#close.

I realize there is a need for a "safe" cleanup but ignoring exceptions
is very tricky, could we change that to have the test fail at least?

Cheers,
Sanne