[infinispan-dev] CacheLoader and CacheStore

Ray Tsang saturnism at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 09:57:10 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2013, at 11:14 PM, Ray Tsang <saturnism at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I actually did not enjoy writing parsers and config builders etc…

i felt that writing the parsers are error prone - there are many places to
touch when adding a property - maybe I just didn't follow the best
example...

i'm just thinking out loud but perhaps there is a way to consolidate the
configuration builder, configuration, configuration parser, and xsd with a
single set of metadata - after all, I think they are all trying to set the
same set of properties.

> ^ Why not? Too verbose? Too many classes?
>
> I'd rather improve this than carry on supporting property-based
> configuration (any other type safety advocates?)

+1, the fact that I had to test both was a nuance...