[infinispan-dev] Missing javadoc for indexing annotations

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 19:11:58 EST 2013

IIRC, aggregating JavaDocs like that causes a mess of the build system, because everything will be built and tests run twice. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-1104 for background (including the pull-request). It's probably not easy to figure out how it works, but I could explain it fairly quickly if you cared.

Isn't it much easier to simply have the Infinispan JavaDoc be able to link to the Hibernate Search JavaDoc site? It's not ideal, but it's far simpler. Perhaps the Infinispan Query JavaDocs could link back to the Hibernate Search JavaDocs? (Yes, there would be a chicken-and-egg problem, but the links in the first would simply not be available until the second were built.)

This is how ModeShape JavaDocs are built to link to several other JavaDoc sites:
	https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/blob/master/modeshape-distribution/pom.xml#L427